Halurian ice-boars were large, porcine creatures native to a location in the Haluria system of the Mid Rim. The creatures had thick hide plates that covered and protected their bodies. The plates were considered to be nearly impervious to such bladed tools as knives. When the Dark Lord of the Sith Skere Kaan attempted to dominate the mind of his fellow Sith Lord, Darth Bane, shortly before the final battle of the New Sith Wars on the planet of Ruusan in 1000 BBY, Bane compared Kaan's efforts with a knife scraping against an ice-boar's hide plates.
Behind the scenes
The Halurian ice-boar was first mentioned in the 2006 novel Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, written by Drew Karpyshyn as the second installment in the Star Wars: Darth Bane Trilogy series of novels.
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (First mentioned)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 11 ("Halurian ice-boar")
- The Essential Atlas
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Haluria system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Halurian ice-boar species.
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction