- "My genetic science professor was always frazzled but had figured out a way to make a very potent tea from the haneli flower. But a drought on Haneli had made them nearly impossible to buy on her salary."
- ―Izal Garsea, to Julen Rakab
Haneli was a terrestrial planet located in the Expansion Region where the haneli flower was found. The flower had a number of uses, including in the creation of teas. During the time of the New Republic, drought on Haneli caused the price of the haneli flower to increase substantially. Because of the drought, a genetic science professor at an academy on the Mid Rim world Eroudac hired one of her students, Izal Garsea, to smuggle a quantity of the flowers for her. Garsea was caught while attempting to carry the flowers aboard her starship, the Meridian, and abandoned the cargo, choosing not to return to the academy.
Years later, around 34 ABY, Garsea recounted the story of her smuggling attempt on Haneli to her friend Julen Rakab, a farmer on the Outer Rim planet Batuu. The historian Eloc Throno included Haneli on a map in the book Traveler's Guide to Batuu.
Behind the scenes
- A Crash of Fate (First mentioned, simultaneous with A Crash of Fate audiobook)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- Star Wars Droids Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away