The Hangshan sector was a part of the Expansion Region. It contained the Artesia, Erai, and Ulda Frav systems. By 5000 BBY, the latter star system lay in the area known as the "civilized galaxy" that had been widely explored by the Galactic Republic, and around that time, it was located on a hyperlane that connected it to the Attahox and Belasco systems. At some point long before 3956 BBY, the ancient Sith carried out a bombardment of the third moon of Erai.
The Hangshan sector was located in the Slice portion of the Expansion Region. By 0 ABY, it bordered the Hocatar and Tolemses sectors Rimward and in the Coreward direction formed a four-way border with the Harron Marches and the Askarian and Serathrace sectors. The Hangshan sector contained the Artesia, Erai, and Ulda Frav systems.
The Hangshan sector contained the planets Artesia—on which the art form known as Artesian space collage originated—and Ulda Frav. By 5000 BBY, the latter was situated in the area known as the "civilized galaxy" that had been widely explored by the Galactic Republic, and between that year and 3996 BBY, Ulda Frav lay on a hyperlane that connected it to the Attahox and Belasco systems. However, the hyperspace route had ceased to exist by the time of the Mandalorian Wars of 3976 BBY–3960 BBY.
At some point before the Freedon Nadd Uprising of 3998 BBY, a group of several Jedi arbitrated a treaty on Ulda Frav. There, they encountered Crown Prince Qrrrl Toq of the isolated Mid Rim planet Nazzri, who was visiting Ulda Frav as part of his self-imposed exile known as boqeri. The Nazzar subsequently joined the Jedi on their return journey to the planet Ossus, the Outer Rim Territories headquarters of the Jedi Order. As part of the Krath Holy Crusade during the Great Sith War of 3996 BBY, the military forces of the Krath cult passed through the Ulda Frav system before confronting the forces of the Republic in the Attahox system.
On the third moon of Erai, which was situated in the Hangshan sector's Erai system, Eralam lightsaber crystals were mined at some point long before 3956 BBY. When the ancient Sith bombarded the moon, much of what remained there became shattered, with the crystals becoming exceedingly rare.
Behind the scenes
The Hangshan sector was established in the StarWars.com Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, which was written by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry. In 2012, the sector was depicted on a map designed by Modi and published in the Online Companion feature "Essential Atlas Extra: Expansion Region."
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- sector in the Expansion Region, between super-hyperroutes that The Essential Atlas identifies as the Corellian Run and the Perlemian Trade Route. The Essential Atlas also places that part of the Expansion Region in the Slice. places the Hangshan
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Artesia, Erai, Nazzri, and Ulda Frav systems — Based on corresponding data for the
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 43 ("Artesian space collage")
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Ulda Frav system
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to 3956 BBY.