The Hapan Royal Navy, also known as the Consortium Navy, was the space fleet of the Hapes Consortium.
Isolder described the forces of Hapes circa 8 ABY as "billions of warriors, thousands of starships." During the build up prior to the Battle of Dathomir, Prince Isolder called a group of "about eighty destroyers" a Hapan fleet. While vague, these comments give some insight to their Order of Battle comparable to other space navies.
The Navy was centered around a fleet of hundreds of Hapan Battle Dragons, with an honor fleet containing 63, one representing each member planet of the Consortium. They were backed up by Nova-class battle cruisers, Beta Cruisers, as well as X-Wings, Miy'til starfighters, and Miy'til assault bombers.
Tactics and Technology
To counteract the slow recharge rate of Hapan turbolasers, Naval officers bunched warships together to create walls of fire to cripple enemy ships in swift assaults. If a unit did not destroy all enemies in the first pass, it ran the risk of taking heavy fire while its weapons recycled.
Despite the Hapan's growing relationship with the New Republic from 8 ABY forward, they did not negotiate an exchange of turbolaser technology until 25 ABY, when it was used as an incentive to bring the Hapan military into the Yuuzhan Vong War. It is unclear if the Navy's tactics changed after receiving New Republic turbolaser technology.
The Hapans were noted for favoring lightning strikes in order to defeat the enemy with the first attack thus crippling the enemy in the process before wiping out the remnants.
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Recovery (as Hapan battle fleet) (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen (as Hapan fleet) (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Indirect mention only)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- Legacy of the Force: Fury (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse