The Hardcell-class interstellar transport, also known simply as the Hardcell transport, Techno Union transport, or Techno Union starship, was a model of transport manufactured by the Techno Union and utilized by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the First Battle of Geonosis, the opening battle of the Clone Wars.
The Hardcell-class interstellar transport, also known as the Techno Union transport, the Hardcell transport, or the Techno Union starship, was a 220 meter long starship that was equipped with a class 1 hyperdrive, could travel at speeds of 800 kilometers per hour, and was equipped with two laser cannon batteries. It had six retro rocket boosters and a titanium hull.
The fuel cells were located on the mid-section of the vessel above the rockets, and were a weak point for the ship. Due to its lack of repulsorlifts, it had limited maneuverability in planetary atmosphere. They could transport IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tanks. Due to its conventional method of propulsion and limited armament, the Hardcell-class was ineffective against the Galactic Republic.
Hardcell-class interstellar transports were commonly seen before the start of the Clone Wars. At the Battle of Geonosis, 286 Hardcell-class interstellar transports as part of the Confederacy of Independent Systems deployed 4,100 IG-227 droid tanks against the Grand Army of the Republic, although 117 were ultimately destroyed. The Hardcell saw continued use during the Clone Wars, but remained mostly out of combat roles due to their lack of much armament.[source?]
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars 1 (Wreckage only)
- (First identified as Techno Union starship)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as Hardcell transport)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Hardcell-class interstellar transport)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition