The Hardcell-class interstellar transport, also known simply as the Hardcell transport, Techno Union transport, or Techno Union starship, was a model of transport manufactured by the Techno Union and utilized by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the First Battle of Geonosis, the opening battle of the Clone Wars.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Hardcell-class interstellar transport, also known as the Techno Union transport, the Hardcell transport, or the Techno Union starship, was a 220 meter long starship that was equipped with a class 1 hyperdrive, could travel at speeds of 800 kilometers per hour, and was equipped with two laser cannon batteries. It had six retro rocket boosters and a titanium hull.
The fuel cells were located on the mid-section of the vessel above the rockets, and were a weak point for the ship. Due to its lack of repulsorlifts, it had limited maneuverability in planetary atmosphere. They could transport IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tanks. Due to its conventional method of propulsion and limited armament, as warships the Hardcell-class were ineffective against the Galactic Republic.
Role[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Hardcell-class interstellar transports were commonly seen before the start of the Clone Wars. At the Battle of Geonosis, 286 Hardcell-class interstellar transports deployed 4,100 IG-227 droid tanks against the Grand Army of the Republic, although 117 were ultimately destroyed. The Hardcell saw continued use during the Clone Wars, but remained mostly out of combat roles due to their lack of sufficient armament and maneuverability.[source?]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars 1 (Wreckage only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Techno Union starship)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as Hardcell transport)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 40 (Highlights of the Saga: Battle on Geonosis)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Hardcell-class interstellar transport)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Hyena-class Droid Bomber Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Armada – Separatist Alliance Fleet Starter (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader) (Picture only)