- "See? It's a hat."
- ―Leia Organa
A hat was any of various head coverings that could be worn for warmth or as a signifier of status. Senators, Neimoidian leaders of the Trade Federation, and Imperial dignitaries all donned hats with a distinctive shape, height, or color. A brimless hat fitted with a peak were referred to as a cap. Military caps often indicated service and rank, and their color and style helped commanders recognize units on the battlefield.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
As hats appear in almost every Star Wars work, this list only includes explicit mentions of hats in text or dialogue.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: Meet the Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: A New Hero
- Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 11 (Weapons & Uniforms: Inhabitants of Tatooine)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Score"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- ; image #19 (of 22)
- (Picture only)