- "See? It's a hat."
- ―Leia Organa
A hat was any of various head coverings that could be worn for warmth or as a signifier of status. Senators, Neimoidian leaders of the Trade Federation, and Imperial dignitaries all donned hats with a distinctive shape, height, or color. A brimless hat fitted with a peak were referred to as a cap. Military caps often indicated service and rank, and their color and style helped commanders recognize units on the battlefield.
As hats appear in almost every Star Wars work, this list only includes explicit mentions of hats in text or dialogue.
- Star Wars Rebels: Meet the Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: A New Hero
- Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 11 (Weapons & Uniforms: Inhabitants of Tatooine)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Score"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- ; image #19 (of 22)