Haven was the codename of the Rebel Alliance's predetermined rendezvous point far beyond the Galactic Rim, where the Alliance Fleet regrouped after the Rebellion's defeat at the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY. The rendezvous point lay near the coordinates 2.2427 by 3.886 by 673.52 above the galactic plane.
Battle of HothEdit
During the period of 2 ABY to 3 ABY, during which the Rebellion's secret headquarters operated on the planet Hoth at Echo Base, much of the Rebellion's nerve center, including High Command, was stationed there. Following the Battle of Hoth, all Alliance personnel were forced to evacuate the planet in the face of Imperial assault. Per standard operating procedures, as devised by General Carlist Rieekan, survivors regrouped at the secret rendezvous point, a predetermined location outside the galaxy where the Empire could not track them. However, their rendezvous point was nearly exposed when an Imperial Strike Cruiser found them, so the fleet decided to detour in case the destroyed Strike Cruiser did indeed transmit the coordinates of the fleet to the Empire.
That point, code-named "Haven" by the Rebels, was located beyond the Galactic Rim, far above the galactic equatorial plane and far away from any stars. It was beyond the galaxy's gravity well, making it a perilous journey to reach, one that many of the Rebel ships escaping from Hoth may not have been able to make. It is likely that the Rebellion suffered additional losses in the attempt to reach that point.
During their hunt for the crew of the Millennium Falcon, the bounty hunters Zuckuss and 4-LOM believed Han Solo would attempt to reach the rendezvous point considering he carried vital Rebel personnel with him. Through intuitive meditation, Zuckuss determined that the rendezvous point was at the coordinates 2.2427 by 3.886 by 673.52 above the galactic plane, a journey of approximately two standard days from the Hoth system. In actuality, the rendezvous point was two degrees off of these coordinates.
There, High Command and a portion of the Rebel fleet, as well as many surviving personnel from Hoth, regrouped to continue their fight against the Empire. The bulk of the fleet, however, was ordered away from Hoth during the Rebels' time there, in accordance with a tactical doctrine devised by Gial Ackbar, Supreme Commander of the Alliance Fleet. High Command and the Rebel fleet were to be kept separate from each other in order to avoid being found and wiped out by the Imperial Navy in one fell swoop. It was determined that the Rebellion could withstand the loss of either High Command or its fleet, but not both.
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back novel (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: A Storybook
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 44: The Empire Strikes Back: Duel a Dark Lord
- Star Wars 45: Death Probe
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM
- Shadows of the Empire 1
- Shadows of the Empire novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Galoob minicomic
- Shield of Lies (Mentioned only) (First identified as Haven)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: The First Transport Is Away!)
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 6 (HOT7, Escape from Hoth) (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 8 (END6, The Battle of Endor) (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 13 (KUA2, Kuat Drive Yards) (Picture only)
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars Illustrated: The Empire Strikes Back (Card: Rogue Flight Reunion)
- Star Wars Illustrated: The Empire Strikes Back (Card: Set Course for Dagobah)
- Star Wars Illustrated: The Empire Strikes Back (Card: New Hand, New Mission) (Picture only)