- "You must be so brave."
- ―Dr Kalonia speaks with Chewbacca while treating him with a healing field generator
Healing field generators, also called antiseptic field generators,[source?] were medical devices capable of creating an antiseptic healing field which was useful for treating blaster burns and other injuries. The Resistance Doctor Harter Kalonia kept a handheld healing field generator as part of her field kit while she was stationed in the Resistance base on the planet D'Qar, keeping it in its own cushioned case. Around thirty years after the Battle of Endor, she used the generator to treat the Wookiee Chewbacca after he was brought to the base after having fought with the Resistance against the First Order on the planet Takodana. Chewbacca could not feel the device, but felt all his lingering pain vanish as his wounds were erased.
Behind the scenes
A healing field generator first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. The prop was not identified in the film, but was named by the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens audiobook
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as healing field generator)