The heart was an organ that pumped blood through the body of certain species (including humans, Kaleesh, Rodians and Umbarans) by "beating". Smaller lifeforms had a quicker heartbeat than larger ones. Some species, like the Zabrak and the Cereans, had two hearts. The Wermal species had three hearts.
When an individual became physically active, excited or ill, his or her heart rate could rise significantly. When a being was exposed to cold and inadequately protected, his or her heart rate and breathing would slow so that they became hard to detect at all. If the heart ever stopped beating completely, death ensued. The Rodian Senator Onaconda Farr died after drinking poison that affected his heart. Physical injuries to the heart could also lead to fatal issues: the Umbaran Senator Mee Deechi perished after Lolo Purs drove a dagger through his heart.
The word "heart" also referred to a person's personality or disposition. During the war between the First Order and the Resistance, Supreme Leader Snoke exclaimed that his apprentice, Kylo Ren, was a failure—possessing too much of his late father's heart. Fighting Alexsandr Kallus, Thrawn told him that he had "the heart of a rebel".
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- ↑ Aftermath
- ↑ "Rules of the Game"—Canto Bight
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Heart on Wikipedia