Heat shielding was an armor enhancement that increased shielding against fire. The Mark I, II, III, & IV versions in turn allowed for a considerable increase in protection. During the height of the Galactic Empire, heat shields were often seen on probe droid drop pods. These same shields were affixed to modified Tech 4 PDVs during Operation Death-Hunter. These modified vessels were designed to carry Death-Hunter Cyborgs and the shields allowed safe crash landings on worlds where the cyborgs were assigned.
Behind the scenesEdit
In KotOR II, this upgrade can be used on all types of armor, except robes.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- "Death-Hunter"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Fly Casual