Heavy blaster rifles were a larger and more powerful variant of the blaster rifle. They were often only distributed to one or two infantry members per squad, and inflicted more damage from greater distances than anything else used within a squad. With barrels that were often exceptionally long, heavy rifles tended to be very accurate. They could easily pierce plastoid and heavy combat armor, and could even pose a threat to lightly armored speeders.
Heavy blaster rifles employed a powerful, sometimes concentrated blaster gases, advanced XCiter technologies, upgraded Galven circuitry, and precision-ground focusing crystals to achieve their longer range, beam cohesion, and energy output. A key divider between standard rifles and heavy rifles was the option to make them fully automatic, however, over the course of galactic history, a number of semi-automatic weapons, often high-powered sniper rifles, were classified as heavy blaster rifles, and were regulated as such.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars Rebels (First identified as heavy blaster rifle)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Explore the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Art of Coloring: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Databank A-Z: GA-97–Geonosis) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Databank A-Z: Hydroid Medusas–Imperial Academies) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 6 (Building the Galaxy: Filming R2-D2, Part 3) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 7 (Droid Directory: LOM-series Protocol Droids) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 8 (Droid Directory: Imperial Mark IV Sentry Droid) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Picture only)
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- Gadgets and Gear
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- The Star Wars Book