Biography[edit | edit source]
Heff Tobber was initially stationed as a transport pilot at the Rebel outpost on the planet Crait. However, when the base was abandoned, the pilot ventured to the moon Yavin 4 and joined Blue Squadron. He provided a report to General Jan Dodonna on the status of the abandoned outpost. There, Tobber quickly became one of the most popular U-wing pilots with the infantry. In the year 0 BBY, he took part in the Battle of Scarif under the callsign of Blue Eight, but did not get through the planetary shield over Scarif with his U-Wing starfighter and therefore supported Green Squadron in orbit around the planet.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Heff Tobber was portrayed by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story First Assistant Director Toby Hefferman, who originally donned a costume for still photography. Later events resulted in him becoming an X-wing pilot on-screen.
The Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game U-wing Expansion Pack incorrectly portrays Tobber piloting a U-wing transport within the planetary shield of Scarif. While the card does not explicitly state Scarif is the planet depicted in the card art, it clearly shows the Scarif landscape.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Heff Tobber)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Ultimate Sticker Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – U-wing Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit (Card: )
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 71 (Weapons & Uniforms: Blue Squadron)