Heff Tobber was initially stationed as a transport pilot at the Rebel outpost on the planet Crait. However, when the base was abandoned, the pilot ventured to the moon Yavin 4 and joined Blue Squadron. There, Tobber quickly became one of the most popular U-wing pilots with the infantry. In the year 0 BBY, he took part in the Battle of Scarif under the callsign of Blue Eight, but did not get through the planetary shield over Scarif with his U-Wing starfighter and therefore supported Green Squadron in orbit around the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Heff Tobber was portrayed by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story First Assistant Director Toby Hefferman, who originally donned a costume for still photography. Later events resulted in him becoming an X-wing pilot on-screen.
The Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game U-wing Expansion Pack incorrectly portrays Tobber piloting a U-wing transport within the planetary shield of Scarif. While the card does not explicitly state Scarif is the planet depicted in the card art, it clearly shows the Scarif landscape.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Heff Tobber)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Ultimate Sticker Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – U-wing Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z