The heist at Horizon Base was a mission conducted by the Spectres to steal fuel from the Galactic Empire-controlled Horizon Base for Phoenix Cell in the year 3 BBY. Although the heist was successful, the rebels' astromech droid, Chopper, was accidentally left behind at the depot during the raid: left to guard the starship Ghost while the others stole the fuel, he saw a droid leg that matched one of his mismatched legs for sale at a nearby stall, and was haggling with the Ugnaught vendor when the others made their escape. Chopper subsequently stole the leg and escaped Horizon Base on an Imperial freighter, where he befriended and freed Imperial protocol droid AP-5.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
After the loss of their command ship Phoenix Home in an Imperial attack, the rebel group Phoenix Cell had begun a search for a location in which to set up a proper base. During the search, the Spectres, members of the cell, had stolen a Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier from the Empire at Ryloth to serve as a new command ship, with the rebels naming it Phoenix Nest.
Eventually, by combining all of their data, including maps acquired from Lasat refugees Chava and Gron, and information supplied by bounty hunter Ketsu Onyo, an old friend of Spectre Sabine Wren, Phoenix Cell decided on the habitable moon of the planet Berzite in the Yost system. However, the Phoenix Nest was low on fuel, so the Spectres were dispatched in their starship Ghost to steal some more so the fleet could make the journey.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as heist at Horizon Base)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- "The Gangsters of Galzez"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 20
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Forgotten Droid"
- Dawn of Rebellion dates the attack on Phoenix Squadron to three years before the Battle of Yavin, or 3 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas' dating system. As the heist at Horizon Base take place immediately before the attack on Phoenix Squadron, it can be determined that it also takes place in 3 BBY.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legends of the Lasat"