- "An ancient linguistics droid, a predecessor to my own model, is the sole repository of the Trawak language."
"And we're going to steal it. That's the mission. We send in a small team to retrieve the droid, bring it back and use its database to generate the new codes."
- ―C-3PO and Leia Organa
A heist at the Imperial Museum was undertaken by the Rebel Alliance as part of Operation Starlight, a campaign to rebuild the Alliance Fleet after it scattered in the escape from the Battle of Hoth. As the Galactic Empire had broken the Rebellion's encryption codes and was thus able to track down the fleet divisions as they made contact with one another, the combined forces of the Fourth and Seventh Divisions wished to develop new codes. To do so, they intended to use the extinct Trawak language, which was contained in the databanks of an ancient Autonomous Translator Module, Mark II that was stored within the Imperial Museum on Coruscant.
The rebels sent a team of Pathfinders—Kes Dameron, Frell, and Needle—who were taken past the security cordons at Coruscant in the Millennium Falcon by Lando Calrissian and his cyborg assistant, Lobot. Once on Coruscant, Lobot sliced into the museum's database to locate the linguistics droid within the curator's private collection. While Needle drew the curator out by causing a disturbance, the other Pathfinders incapacitated the museum guards outside the collection, allowing Lobot to slice the lock on the door. The rebels retrieved the droid, but Needle was caught, and the curator sentenced him to death. When the team returned to the Fourth and Seventh Divisions, the protocol droid C-3PO reactivated the linguistics droid, discovering that its memory banks had been corrupted.
- Star Wars (2020) 9 (First appearance)
- Star Wars (2020) 10 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars (2020) 11 (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
Notes and references
- Star Wars (2020) 7
- Star Wars (2020) 10
- Star Wars (2020) 9
- "The Pilots of the Rebel Alliance" dates Evaan Verlaine's assignment to Starlight Squadron, an event depicted in Star Wars (2020) 10, to three years after the Battle of Yavin, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY. Galactic Atlas also dates the Battle of Hoth to 3 ABY. As Star Wars (2020) 9, including the heist at the Imperial Museum, takes place between the two events, it must also take place in 3 ABY.