- "Oh, come on, Chewie. We've gotten into more heavily guarded places than that—"
"Frowh rahgh rahrahraff vrawgh gr."
"Well, the spice vaults of Gargon, for one."
- ―Han Solo and Chewbacca
The Corellian smuggler Han Solo and his Wookiee co-pilot Chewbacca mounted a heist to steal valuable spice from the vaults of the planet Gargon some time prior to joining the Rebel Alliance in their struggle against the Galactic Empire. Although those vaults were owned by a notorious gangster and heavily guarded, Solo and Chewbacca managed to break in, and they stole a hoard of spice stored there. As a result of their successful theft, the smugglers received double payment. Years later, Solo and Chewbacca were sent on a mission to the Forest Moon of Endor as members of the Rebel Alliance. They were part of a strike team tasked with breaking into an Imperial bunker, which Solo likened to his past heist on Gargon.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First mentioned)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- "25 Years of Return of the Jedi!"—Star Wars Insider 105
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 323 ("Gargon")
- ↑ According to The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, the raid on the spice vaults of Gargon occurred before Han Solo and Chewbacca joined the Rebel Alliance. As seen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Solo and Chewbacca joined the Alliance at the Battle of Yavin, which The New Essential Chronology places in 0 BBY.
- ↑ A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel