In 10 BBY, during the reign of the Galactic Empire, the criminal Tobias Beckett and his outlaw crew carried out a heist on Vandor to recover coaxium from an Imperial conveyex on the planet Vandor for Dryden Vos, leader of the Crimson Dawn crime syndicate. The criminals faced a small group of range troopers guarding the transport, which forced them to detach several of the conveyex's carriages to lose them. The group was later ambushed by Enfys Nest and her Cloud-Riders, who intended to seize the cargo for themselves.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Heist on Vandor was featured in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story. The sequence was present in every draft of the film's screenplay, though it sustained several changes.
In the DVD commentary of Solo, the filmmakers revealed that for the explosion of the conveyex at the end of the heist, they used firecrackers underwater and then filmed it with high speed cameras to later play it in slow motion.
Earlier drafts of the film's script, according to writer Jon Kasdan, featured Enfys Nest's Cloud-Riders pirate gang attacking the conveyex with Bantha-II cargo skiffs, but former directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller ultimately choose to replace the Bantha-II cargo skiffs with swoop bikes. Initial iterations of the scene, however, had no coaxium as cargo but rather an extremely dangerous criminal being transported to a maximum-security prison, having Beckett's gang being hired by the criminal's gang to release their leader. The idea was that once saved, the criminal and his gang would have departed wordlessly and would eventually return in a potential Solo sequel in which they would rescue Han Solo at a crucial moment.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Train Heist
- Solo Adaptation 2
- Solo Adaptation 3 (Indirect mention only)
- Solo Adaptation 5 (Indirectly mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- (First identified as heist on Vandor)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Lando: Double or Nothing, Part V
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The timeline provided in Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide places the Heist on Vandor nine years after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. As that film takes place in 19 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, the heist on Vandor must take place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story DVD commentary
- ↑ screenshot) (