Brandes served as the Music Advisor sitting on the Royal Advisory Council of Naboo around the time of the invasion of the peaceful planet by the Trade Federation. She was a noted harpist who attempted to arrange for Naboo artists and musicians to travel off-planet to demonstrate the talents their society prided. Brandes was also in charge of the funding of Naboo's festivals.
During the Clone Wars, Brandes and a coalition of other illustrious musicians coaxed the renowned symponik master Beezar Pert out of retirement for a one-off special concert to the benefits of the war orphans.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hela Brandes was portrayed by an uncredited actress in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.
The character was referred to as "Helena Brandes" in Star Wars Kids issue 6.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Kids 6
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Secrets of Naboo
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 12 (NAB13–14, Naboo – Theed Royal Palace)
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary