- "When you left, I was heartbroken, but now I understand. You're like your mother. She was once a dreamer too."
- ―Cham Syndulla, to Hera Syndulla
The mother of Hera Syndulla was a female Twi'lek who lived on the planet Ryloth during the Clone Wars. She married freedom fighter Cham Syndulla and had a child, Hera, with him. She was killed during Cham's resistance against the Galactic Empire.
This female Twi'lek lived on Ryloth and married freedom fighter Cham Syndulla. The two had a daughter, Hera, and a son who died young. During the Battle of Ryloth, Syndulla and her mother fled underground while the Grand Army of the Republic battled the Separatist Droid Army. Seeing the Republic ships fly overhead to liberate Ryloth inspired Hera to become a pilot, and she left Ryloth to pursue that dream, though she had to leave her family behind to do so.
Hera's mother was killed during Cham's resistance against the Galactic Empire after the Clone Wars. Her death led Cham to fully dedicate himself to his fight against the Empire. This led to strain with Hera, who ultimately became a leading member of the fledging rebellion against the Empire.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wings of the Master" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes" (First appearance) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man" (Picture only)