- "Somebody's got to be the poster boy."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi to Anakin Skywalker
The title "Hero With No Fear" was an honorific bestowed upon the Rajah of the Virujansi; the highest award a warrior could receive. It was one of many titles given to Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars. HoloNet features commonly referred to Skywalker using this nickname, turning him into a poster boy for the Republic war effort.
Despite this nickname, Skywalker himself was plagued by the fear of failure, pain and loss, and delved into the dark side of the Force in an attempt to attain further power and quash his fear. As Darth Vader, he initially considered himself to truly be the Hero With No Fear, but after realizing the cost of his newfound power—the death of Padmé Amidala and his injuries suffered on Mustafar—he came to understand he would always carry fear with him.
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:01:03"—Star Wars Insider 72 (First appearance)
- "The Brink"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 4 (Used as "Hero")
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)