Hetzal Prime was a planet located in the Hetzal system of the Outer Rim Territories. The planet and its system were within the territory of the Galactic Republic during the High Republic Era, containing a total population of forty billion. It was also said that every crop in the galaxy could grow somewhere on the worlds of Hetzal. During that time, Hetzal Prime and the rest of its system were threatened by anomalies from hyperspace. The Jedi Master Avar Kriss, who was in charge of the combined Galactic Republic and Jedi Order effort to save the system, later became known as the "Hero of Hetzal."
Description[edit | edit source]
Hetzal was the main world of the Hetzal system in the Outer Rim Territories and was orbited by two inhabited moons, the Fruited and the Rooted. The entire system was committed to agricultural production, exporting food all over the Outer Rim and in some parts of the Inner Rim. During the High Republic Era, the planet attempted to grow bacta, a new substance supposed to revolutionize medicine, in plants.
Home to billions inhabitants, Hetzal Prime was filled with rivers, lakes, and golden fields of cropland that grew honeyfruit, kingberries, ice melons, and more. Buildings and structures in the planet were roofed with cropland and fruit vines. The crops were collected by harvester droids.
History[edit | edit source]
Around 232 BBY, the Great Hyperspace Disaster occurred, in which the debris of the starship Legacy Run was suddenly launched out of hyperspace and in trajectory with the populated primeworld and moons. The Hetzalian government, under Minister Zeffren Ecka, was forced to issue a system-wide evacuation order and to request assistance from Coruscant, the capital of the Galactic Republic.
Several ships from the Republic and the Jedi Order were able to lend assistance in the evacuation procedures and in destroying a number of the Legacy Run's debris, saving many lives in the proccess.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi (First appearance, simultaneous with The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook and The High Republic: The Great Jedi Rescue)
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook
- The High Republic: The Great Jedi Rescue (First pictured)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic Adventures 1
- The main events of The High Republic: Light of the Jedi occur several weeks before the dedication of the Starlight Beacon, which The Star Wars Book dates to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of that film to 0 BBY, it can be determined that the main events of Light of the Jedi occur around the year 232 BBY.