- "Send three squads to help. Open the back door."
- ―Hewex during the Battle of Endor
Hewex was a male human who served as a Major in the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War against the Alliance to Restore the Republic. During the war he was stationed on the moon of Endor in a bunker housing a shield generator which provided protection for the DS-2 Death Star II Mobile Battle Station battlestation being built in Endor's orbit. The Major, alongside Commander Igar, supported the station's commander, Colonel Dyer. During the Battle of Endor, in which the Alliance attacked the incomplete Death Star, a team of Rebels was sent to the moon's surface in order to destroy the shield generator bunker. The Rebel General Han Solo successfully tricked Hewex into sending several squads of Imperial troopers stationed in the bunker out to aid in the fighting, allowing a group of Rebels to enter the bunker. Hewex and the remaining men in the bunker were then forced to surrender to the Alliance soldiers, who began to plant charges inside the bunker before Imperial reinforcements arrived and captured them. The Rebels were ultimately successful in destroying both the bunker and the Death Star.
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
Hewex was played by Anthony Smee[source?] in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi and received no name in the film. He was first identified in the Endor Limited set of the Star Wars Legends Star Wars Customizable Card Game with the name then being confirmed as canon by the reference book Ultimate Star Wars.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Hewex)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Helmets: AT-ST Pilot)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- "The Battle of Endor and the Fall of the Empire" – Star Wars Encyclopedia