- "[…] I on one occasion had the misfortune to encounter him [Vacander] while tracking a group of independent bounty hunters through the infamous fog banks of Hewl's Karap Valley: you can imagine my surprise when a pair of piercing red eyes appeared from nowhere and the fog told me to keep my distance."
- ―Palpatine Essex Yerac
Hewl was an astronomical object located within the Hewl system, a part of the Mid Rim's Eidoloni sector. Karap Valley was located on Hewl, and it featured fog banks that were considered to be infamous by the Rebel Alliance Lieutenant Colonel Palpatine Essex Yerac.
At some point by 2 ABY, Yerac was tracking an independent bounty hunter group through the fog banks of Karap Valley. While there, the Rebel officer unexpectedly encountered the Filar-Nitzan infiltrator Vacander, who told Yerac to cease the pursuit of the bounty hunters.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hewl was first mentioned in Alliance Intelligence Reports, a 1995 sourcebook for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Hewl system, and therefore the celestial body Hewl, in grid square M-16.
- Alliance Intelligence Reports (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Hewl system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Alliance Intelligence Reports
- ↑ Alliance Intelligence Reports represents a collection of in-universe reports from "one year before the Battle of Hoth," which corresponds to 2 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas