Hez's squad was a clone trooper unit that served in the Galactic Republic's Grand Army of the Republic in 22 BBY. Led by Clone Sergeant Hez, the squad fought as a part of Torrent Company in the Battle of Teth. During the enusing battle, the squad was eliminated by battle droid forces of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Attacking the monasteryEdit
At least four members of the squad, including Hez, deployed with Torrent Company of the 501st Legion to the Outer Rim planet Teth, in a mission to rescue Jabba Desilijic Tiure's son, Rotta, from Confederacy of Independent Systems captivity in 22 BBY. Hez's squad, along with the rest of Torrent Company, engaged with Confederacy forces and began scaling the walls of the monastery where the Huttlet was being held, led by two AT-TE walkers. Torrent Company sustained heavy casualties during the inital assault, including one of the walkers, but successfully reached the monestary. Sortly after the ascent, Torrent Company once again came under attack from vulture droids strafing runs and numerous battle droids, which inflicted heavy casualties, including the remaining AT-TE walker.
- "If we can't stop them, then we delay them as long as we can, and after that we make sure they have to crawl over our bodies. It's been an honor, gentlemen."
- ―Clone Captain Rex, addressing the surviving men of Torrent Company
As the battle progressed, the troopers of Torrent Company were forced to trap themselves within the monastery, as waves of Separatist battle droids relentlessly assaulted their position. While Jedi General Anakin Skywalker evacuated with the Huttlet, the squad, along with the survivors of Torrent Company, prepared a desperate defense against the Confederacy, laying explosives and tripwires. The droids breached the monastery doors shortly after, and engaged with the clone forces inside. Although the men of Torrent Company had prepared a well-laid trap, the battle droids overwhelmed and killed the clones inside, including Hez and his squad.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars novelization (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Clone Wars audiobook)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Clone Wars novelization)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars novelization
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Reader's Companion dates both the Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization, which depicts the debut of the Grand Army of the Republic in the Clone Wars, and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars novelization, in which Hez's squad appears, to 22 BBY. Since the latter work depicts Hez's squad as a clone trooper squad in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Battle of Teth, the squad must have also appeared in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ The Essential Atlas