Hibridium was an ore that was found only on the western coastline of the main continent of the planet of Garos IV. It was discovered that hibridium had a natural ability to cloak other objects. The Galactic Empire, searching for an alternative to stygium cloaking devices, discovered Garos IV, garrisoned the planet, and strictly regulated the mining of the ore. Unfortunately, the prototype hibridium cloaking devices were far less effective than those created from stygium. They required massive amounts of power to operate, more room to house the device, and left the craft on which they were being used double-blind. Though the craft was invisible to other ships' sensors, it could not locate other ships with its own sensors. Another drawback of these devices was that they became unstable when entering hyperspace, often resulting in the destruction of the ships on which they were being used.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures video game
- HoloNet News — A Galaxy Divided (Mentioned only)
- "A Glimmer of Hope"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (First appearance)
- "Whispers in the Dark"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- "Mission to Zila"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "Shadows of Darkness"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- "Rendezvous with Destiny"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6