- "I just didn't realize the Jedi ever had an official presence so far from the Core."
"It's probably High Republic Era. It was a time of greatly expanded Jedi activity throughout the galaxy."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Lor San Tekka
The High Republic Era was a period of time approximately centered around 232 BBY in which the Galactic Republic was said to be at its height. It was also a golden age for the Jedi, who were significantly more active throughout the galaxy, and a time of expansion and exploration in the Outer Rim Territories.
- "In the days of the High Republic, the galaxy was not as settled as it is now. Areas like the Outer Rim were dangerous, hard to navigate. So the people of that time built a huge space station at great effort and expense and placed it in the center of the dark zones. It sent out a signal that acted as a sort of beacon, helping travelers find their way. They gave that station an inspiring name, fitting its purpose."
- ―Commander Grek
According to the stories told among Jedi Initiates, Klias Teradine was a Padawan who lived during this era and also discovered the Bogan Collection. An event known as the Great Disaster, in which starships across the galaxy were suddenly kicked out of hyperspace, also occurred during this era.
During this time, the galaxy was not as settled as it was by the time of the Galactic Civil War, as areas like the Outer Rim were dangerous and difficult to navigate. In response, an enormous space station called the Starlight Beacon was constructed at a great effort and expense and placed in the center of the dark zones. The station would send out a signal that acted as a beacon, helping travelers find their way.
Long after the High Republic Era, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and the galactic explorer Lor San Tekka traveled to a Jedi outpost on the Outer Rim planet Elphrona, located on the edge of the Unknown Regions. Given its distance from the Core, Tekka speculated that the outpost could have been built during the High Republic Era.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage
- The High Republic 1
- The High Republic Adventures 1
- The High Republic: Into the Dark
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (Appears in flashback(s)) (First mentioned)
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Appears in flashback(s)) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 2 (Indirect mention only)
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 2 (Appears in flashback(s)) (Mentioned only) (First identified as High Republic Era)
- "The Lost Stories, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 30 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The High Republic take place 200 years prior to the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY. states that the events of
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Rise of Kylo Ren 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars 2
- ↑ "The Lost Stories, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 30
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Dooku: Jedi Lost