- "I just didn't realize the Jedi ever had an official presence so far from the Core."
"It's probably High Republic Era. It was a time of greatly expanded Jedi activity throughout the galaxy."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Lor San Tekka
The High Republic Era was a period of time that lasted for around two hundred years between approximately 300 BBY and 100 BBY in which the Galactic Republic was said to be at its height. It was also a golden age for the Jedi, who were significantly more active throughout the galaxy, and a time of expansion and exploration in the Outer Rim Territories.
History[edit | edit source]
- "In the days of the High Republic, the galaxy was not as settled as it is now. Areas like the Outer Rim were dangerous, hard to navigate. So the people of that time built a huge space station at great effort and expense and placed it in the center of the dark zones. It sent out a signal that acted as a sort of beacon, helping travelers find their way. They gave that station an inspiring name, fitting its purpose."
- ―Commander Grek
According to the stories told among Jedi Initiates, Klias Teradine was a Padawan who lived during this era and also discovered the Bogan Collection. An event known as the Great Disaster, in which starships across the galaxy were suddenly kicked out of hyperspace, also occurred during this era.
During this time, the galaxy was not as settled as it was by the time of the Galactic Civil War, as areas like the Outer Rim were dangerous and difficult to navigate. In response, an enormous space station called the Starlight Beacon was constructed at a great effort and expense and placed in the center of the dark zones. The station would send out a signal that acted as a beacon, helping travelers find their way.
The Starros and San Tekka clans were known to be active during this period, as were the Storms. The Blade of Bardotta also dated from this period. Avar Kriss was a pre-eminent Jedi Master from the period, who became known as the "Hero of Hetzal" at one point.
Long after the High Republic Era, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and the galactic explorer Lor San Tekka traveled to a Jedi outpost on the Outer Rim planet Elphrona, located on the edge of the Unknown Regions. Given its distance from the Core, Tekka speculated that the outpost could have been built during the High Republic Era.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage
- The High Republic: Into the Dark
- The High Republic: The Great Jedi Rescue
- The High Republic 1
- The High Republic Adventures 1
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (Appears in flashback(s)) (First mentioned)
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Appears in flashback(s)) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 6 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 7 (Indirect mention only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Doctor Aphra 2 (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 4 (Indirect mention only)
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 2 (Appears in flashback(s)) (Mentioned only) (First identified as High Republic Era)
- "The Lost Stories, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 30 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu (Indirect mention only)
- The Star Wars Book
- Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Star Wars Book places the time of the High Republic between approximately 300 and 100 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that A New Hope begins in 0 BBY, the High Republic Era must have occurred between approximately 300 BBY and 100 BBY.
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 2
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars 2
- "The Lost Stories, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 30
- Dooku: Jedi Lost