- "That Yansan operates in an area of heavy Rebel activity lends to this high percentage, but regardless of whether he intentionally chooses Alliance craft is irrelevant: he is costing the Alliance money, time and equipment, and is threatening many operations in Hijoian Space."
- ―Rebel Task Force on Alliance Security SecuriDex file on Yansan
Hijoian Space was an Expansion Region sector. It contained the space station known as Ichalin Station as well as the Hijoian system, which was the site of both the celestial body Hijo and the Hijoian Docks. By 2 ABY, both the Rebel Alliance and the terrorist Yansan operated in Hijoian Space, with Yansan's activities in the sector posing a significant threat to the Alliance. Hijoian Space was a part of the New Republic ten years later.
Hijoian Space was a sector of the Expansion Region. By 0 ABY, it bordered the Vardoss sector Rimward, the Expansion Region's freestanding subsectors spinward, and the Neshei and Sarla sectors in the trailing direction. The sector also formed a part of the Expansion Region's Coreward border with the Inner Rim. Hijoian Space retained those borders twelve years later. The sector included the Hijoian system, which contained both the astronomical object Hijo and the space station known as the Hijoian Docks as well as another star system that contained Ichalin Station.
By 2 ABY, Hijoian Space was the site of heavy Rebel Alliance activity. Around that time, the Ho'Din terrorist Yansan also operated in the sector, frequently sabotaging Alliance starships there, including at Ichalin Station and the Hijoian Docks.
The Rebel Task Force on Alliance Security eventually compiled a SecuriDex datafile on Yansan, in which it was noted that the Ho'Din was threatening many Alliance operations in Hijoian Space. The datafile also judged Yansan to be a high-level threat both in that sector and its nearby Mid Rim areas. Hijoian Space fell within the borders of the New Republic by 12 ABY.
Behind the scenes
Hijoian Space was first mentioned in Alliance Intelligence Reports, a 1995 sourcebook for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. Hijoian Space was provided a visual depiction on a map by Modi included in the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare.
The 2008 reference book The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia placed both the Hijoian Docks and Ichalin Station in the Fakir sector. The StarWars.com Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, however, overrode the information from the former book by placing the corresponding star systems of the Hijoian Docks and Ichalin Station in Hijoian Space while the Fakir sector was placed in the Colonies.
Notes and references
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 42 ("Hijoian Docks")
- Alliance Intelligence Reports represents a collection of in-universe reports from "one year before the Battle of Hoth," which corresponds to 2 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 76 ("Ichalin Station")