A type of double-bladed lightsaber had a hinged hilt that could fold in half, making it easier to stow while not in use. Essentially a pair of single-bladed lightsabers with their pommels conjoined by a series of hinges, the user was still able to activate one or both blades while the weapon was folded.
In 35 ABY, while searching for the wayfinder on Kef Bir, Rey fought a vision of herself as a Sith. In the vision, her dark side counterpart wielded a hinged double-bladed lightsaber with red blades.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Pong Krell['s] lightsaber design introduces something new to the Jedi arsenal. Though double-ended lightsabers had been seen before—most famously wielded by Darth Maul—Krell's are hinged, allowing him to more easily stow them on his belt."
- ―"Carnage of Krell" Trivia Gallery on StarWars.com
Hinged double-bladed lightsabers first appeared in "Darkness on Umbara," the seventh episode in the fourth season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series, which first aired on October 28, 2011.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness" (Vision)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Vision to Rey)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 (Image 5)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- ↑ ("At the heart of every Jedi lightsaber is a kyber crystal...")
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide