A type of double-bladed lightsaber had a hinged hilt that could fold in half, making it easier to stow while not in use. Essentially a pair of single-bladed lightsabers with their pommels conjoined by a series of hinges, the user was still able to activate one or both blades while the weapon was folded.
In 35 ABY, while searching for the wayfinder on Kef Bir, Rey fought a vision of herself as a Sith. In the vision, her dark side counterpart wielded a hinged double-bladed lightsaber with unstable red blades.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Pong Krell['s] lightsaber design introduces something new to the Jedi arsenal. Though double-ended lightsabers had been seen before—most famously wielded by Darth Maul—Krell's are hinged, allowing him to more easily stow them on his belt."
- ―"Carnage of Krell" Trivia Gallery on StarWars.com
Hinged double-bladed lightsabers first appeared in "Darkness on Umbara," the seventh episode in the fourth season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series, which first aired on October 28, 2011.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- "The Shadow of Umbara"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness" (Vision)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Vision to Rey)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 (Image 5)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- ↑ ("At the heart of every Jedi lightsaber is a kyber crystal...")
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- ↑ According to A Princess on Lothal" is "set roughly three years before the events of A New Hope. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, "A Princess on Lothal" must take place in 3 BBY. Because Dawn of Rebellion states the events of "The Mystery of Chopper Base" occur three years before the Battle of Yavin, it takes place in 3 BBY. Since "Shroud of Darkness" is between these two episodes, its events, which include the vision of the hinged lightsaber, must also be set in 3 BBY. , "
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker occur thirty-five years after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes the vision of the hinged lightsaber, must occur in 35 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide