- "Picked up this sales piece the last time I made my way Coreward on a luxury liner. Now I've just got to decide which game I want to game."
- ―Lando Calrissian, Smuggler's Guide
Hintaro was a dice game that could be played in the Canto Casino on the Outer Rim Territories planet Cantonica. At some point by 10 BBY, a promotional booklet describing the various forms of entertainment available at the Canto Casino listed Hintaro as one of the dice games which could be found at the establishment. The booklet fell into the possession of the gambler Lando Calrissian, who included it in the book known as the Smuggler's Guide. Calrissian used the booklet to decide on which game he wanted to play at the casino, favoring the Zhell Reversal game as well as betting on fathier racing.
Behind the scenes
Hintaro was added to the new Star Wars canon via Daniel Wallace's 2018 reference book Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide. The game was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity as part of The Jewel of Yavin, a 2014 adventure supplement for Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars: Edge of the Empire roleplaying game system. Hintaro was first illustrated by Jeff Lee Johnson for the 2015 Fantasy Flight Games sourcebook Fly Casual.
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- According to Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide, the Canto Casino promotional booklet mentioning Hintaro must have been created at some point before the destruction of L3-37, which is depicted in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide establishes that the corresponding events of the film begin nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Empire's foundation to 19 BBY, the events of Solo featuring L3-37's destruction can be placed in 10 BBY.
- The Jewel of Yavin
- Fly Casual