- "My son has a big mouth and is prone to outrageous speeches, but he's not a rebel. He'll see the value of the New Order when he grows older."
- ―Hiram Zataire, to Agent Kallus
In the years prior to the Battle of Yavin, the son of Imperial Navy Captain Hiram Zataire became an outspoken critic of the Galactic Empire, attracting the attention of the Imperial Security Bureau. The Empire attempted to locate him for years, while he lived on Alderaan.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "The last thing we'd ever want is for him to be kidnapped for ransom, or, worse yet, tortured and killed. As you are probably well aware, Alderaan can be a rough place, with all the anti-Imperials lurking about."
- ―Agent Kallus to Captain Hiram Zataire
Hiram Zataire and his wife had a son, as well as two daughters. After the rise of the Galactic Empire at the end of the Clone Wars, Zataire's son became an outspoken critic of the Empire. He shared his beliefs in public, including in speeches. This attracted the attention of the Imperial Security Bureau, who sought to capture the son. The son went into hiding on Alderaan, a planet that was also critical of the Empire. Despite his son's rebellious statements, Zataire remained a loyal officer of the Imperial Navy, where he captained the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Lawbringer. He believed his son would one day see the value of the Imperial regime.
Five years before the Battle of Yavin, the son's location was discovered after he sent his father wine from Organa Ranch, and ISB Agent Kallus, who Captain Zataire had served the wine to, deduced that the son was living on Alderaan. In exchange for promising not to harm his son, Captain Zataire pledged full cooperation with Kallus when the ISB Agent arrived on Lothal to investigate a group of rebels.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Hiram Zataire's son was first mentioned in The Rebellion Begins, a book adaptation of Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion. The book was written by Michael Kogge, based on the teleplay by Simon Kinberg.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Rebellion Begins (First mentioned)