A hold-out blaster was a type of blaster, typically a blaster pistol, used as a personal weapon for easy concealment, often employed when other weapons or equipment were not viable or were simply unavailable.
History[edit | edit source]
The ELG-3A blaster pistol wielded by Padmé Amidala and her Naboo Royal Handmaidens was a hold-out blaster that became practically a standard accessory for diplomats and nobles in need of a personal sidearm. Hera Syndulla used a Blurrg-1120 holdout blaster whenever she fought outside the Ghost. The deactivator hold-out pistol could be fired to deactivate droids. The EC-17 hold-out blaster was a compact, one-handed weapon holstered in the boots of Imperial scout troopers during the Galactic Civil War.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Destiny – Awakenings (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 7 (Highlights of the Saga: Mission to Endor)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 47 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Lothal Rebels)
- Star Wars: Legion – Core Set (Card: ) (Reissued in 74-Z Speeder Bikes Unit Expansion)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Gadgets and Gear
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- (Picture only)