The holographic disguise matrix, also known as the "shadow hologram" was a personal holographic projection device that allowed the user to disguise themselves as someone else. The device was invented by the Snivvian bounty hunter Sinrich.
Description[edit | edit source]
The holographic disguise matrix used vocal emulators and other systems designed to both fool both observers and electronic sensors. It could change the appearance of anyone who used it, even compensating for physical differences between the subject through use of advanced sensors that holographically filled in the differences. One downside of the matrix was its shortcomings in power supply. Another problem was, despite the advanced holography, the image consistency was not perfect. It was created by a Snivvian technical expert and bounty hunter named Sinrich. These devices were subsequently used on a bounty hunting mission led by Cad Bane to kidnap the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, Sheev Palpatine. The disguises were also used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems after taking control of a Venator-class Star Destroyer to destroy the space station Valor.
A modified version of the disguise matrix, the holographic cloaking unit, allowed users to appear practically invisible, and was used by thieves attempting to make off with artifacts from the Imperial Museum on Coruscant.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo" (First appearance)
- "Bane's Story"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Poe Dameron: Free Fall
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Slide 5)
- No Disintegrations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 39 (Highlights of the Saga: Raid on the Jedi Temple)
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious