A holoprojector was a device that could record, send, receive, and/or display holograms. Holoprojectors came in various sizes. Low-quality holoprojectors did a poor job of rendering colors accurately, as they fed everything through a strong blue filter. Transmission across light-years often distorted hologram consistency. Holoprojectors could also be within a droid, or even attached to the gauntlet of the user as well as a comlink. It was common to see hidden holoprojectors for conversations without apparent blue light projected, and sometimes rendering a colored image.
Approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor, holoprojectors had become sophisticated enough to display the subject in full color, with no filters or scan lines visible. The First Order's Supreme Leader Snoke used this technology to broadcast himself larger than his actual size.
During or after 34 ABY, the Safari droid SF-R3 "Aree" and the cam droid CAM were members of the Galactic Society of Creature Enthusiasts, and they traveled the galaxy in a starship that was equipped with a holoprojector in the ship's cockpit. The holoprojector displayed the Society's logo when it was activated, and it was able to render color. Aree also had a handheld holoprojector that projected holograms that were mostly rendered blue. While being recorded by CAM to broadcast footage across the Holonet, Aree often used his holoprojector to show a hologram of what creature he was going to interact with. Aree stored the holoprojector in his cargo compartment when it was not being used.
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 23 (Databank A-Z: Hassk Triplets–Holograms)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Databank A-Z: Hydroid Medusas–Imperial Academies)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 10 (Building the Galaxy: Visual Effects Part 1) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ghosts of Dathomir
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: A-wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Highlights of the Saga: Attack on Jabba's Palace)
- Star Wars: What is a Droid?
- Dawn of Rebellion (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Build Your Own X-Wing 1 (Build the X-Wing: Cockpit Canopy, Cannon, and Astromech Droid (R2-D2))
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- Gadgets and Gear
- The Star Wars Book
- "Republic, Rebel, and Resistance Starfighters" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader) (Appears in hologram)
- (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Day-at-a-Time Calendar 2022 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Sith (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Heir to the Jedi
- Family Reunion – and Farewell
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- The Galaxy of Creatures book depicts all episodes of Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures taking place a relatively short time apart. Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures – "Porgs" features porgs on Batuu, a species that Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge establishes were not present on the planet Batuu until the Resistance brought them there between the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Therefore, porgs must have been introduced to Batuu between those stories, which corresponds to 34 ABY per this reasoning, meaning that the events of Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures take place during or after 34 ABY.
- Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures – "Tauntaun"
- Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures – "Tooka"
- Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures – "Voorpak"