A holoprojector was a device that could record, send, receive, and/or display holograms. Holoprojectors came in various sizes. Low-quality holoprojectors did a poor job of rendering colors accurately, as they fed everything through a strong blue filter. Transmission across light-years often distorted hologram consistency.
Approximately 30 years after the Battle of Endor, holoprojectors had become sophisticated enough to display the subject in full color, with no filters or scan lines visible. The First Order's Supreme Leader Snoke used this technology to broadcast himself larger than his actual size.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 23 (Databank A-Z: Hassk Triplets–Holograms)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 25 (Databank A-Z: Hydroid Medusas–Imperial Academies)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ghosts of Dathomir
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: A-wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Highlights of the Saga: Attack on Jabba's Palace)
- Star Wars: What is a Droid?
- Dawn of Rebellion (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Build Your Own X-Wing 1 (Build the X-Wing: Cockpit Canopy, Cannon, and Astromech Droid (R2-D2))
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- Gadgets and Gear
- Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader) (Appears in hologram)