A holopuck, also known as a holographic puck, or referred to as a bounty puck, was a small, simple holographic device utilized by the Bounty Hunters' Guild that identified a quarry each. Holopucks listed the details of a bounty: the amount of of credits offered, the circumstances (or crimes) that warranted the bounty, the operational jurisdiction allowed for pursuit, and the specific conditions required to collect.
Displaying a holographic image of the quarry accompanied by a name and the bounty payout, a puck provided information that when combined with the use of a tracking fob, allowed Guild members to hunt their quarry to the edge of the galaxy. In 9 ABY,[source?] the Guild on Nevarro handed pucks out to their members. By taking the puck, the hunter accepted the bounty.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Holopucks first appeared in Chapter 1 of the 2019 Disney+ television series The Mandalorian, which aired on November 12, 2019. The holopuck was later identified as such in a Databank entry on StarWars.com.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "Rabbit Hunt"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2020
- Bounty Hunters 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Squadrons (DLC)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian" (First appearance)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 5: The Gunslinger"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- The Star Wars Book (First identified as holographic puck)
- (First identified as holopuck)