- "A device that simulates what you see and feel when you're in a fighter's cockpit. It uses computers, holograms, and inertial compensators to mimic almost exactly the experience of flying, so you can get in a lot of training without risking valuable machinery or even more valuable pilots."
- ―Wedge Antilles
Holosimulators could also be smaller devices that allowed individuals to recreate or design combat scenarios. Plescinia Entertainments manufactured the CS-Mark 10 which came preloaded with its "Great Battles of the Empire" series.
Holosimulators were used for a variety of uses, one being a part of training starfighter pilots for job roles and for combat. The Empire, Rebel Alliance, and the New Republic all used holosimulators to train their pilots and prepare for missions. They were also used for entertainment.
One model of holosimulator was located in Jagged Fel's room while he was Head of State. It was a ball about two meters in height and able to replicate any TIE model, including the Chiss clawcraft. It had a top hatch, like TIE models. The opposition to fly against could accurately be chosen, as well as the skill level and distribution of pilots. Fel was about to begin a simulation when a kidnapping attempt was made on him.
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (Non-canonical appearance) (As flight simulator)
- Star Wars radio drama
- River of Chaos 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter
- Star Wars 2: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part Two
- Star Wars 3: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part Three (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron
- X-Wing: Iron Fist
- X-Wing: Solo Command
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar (Mentioned only)
- Shield of Lies
- Tyrant's Test
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "holographic simulator")
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Hideouts & Strongholds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Strongholds of Resistance