Holowan Laboratories, also known as Holowan Mechanicals, was a company active during the Clone Wars, a galaxy-wide conflict fought between the forces of the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems, that developed and manufactured weapons and battle droid models. They manufactured the IG-series of droids, which included the IG-100 MagnaGuard—fielded extensively by the Separatist Droid Army—the IG-86 sentinel droid, and the IG-RM bodyguard and enforcer droid. They also manufactured the electrostaff, a weapon often used by MagnaGuards.
Following the conflict's resolution, the company was able to bypass the Galactic Empire's ban on the production of battle droids by reclassifying their products as security droids. Holowan Laboratories manufactured the rogue assassin droid IG-88, who operated as a bounty hunter during the Galactic Civil War.
Behind the scenesEdit
Holowan Laboratories was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide, a reference book written Adam Bray and released in 2014. It first appeared in the 1996 Star Wars Legends story "Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88," written by author Kevin J. Anderson.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head (as Halowan Laboratories)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Holowan Mechanicals)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious