Following the Clone Wars' resolution, before which the destructive galaxy-wide conflict fought between the forces of the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems was partly fueled by their droid and arms products,. Holowan Laboratories was able to bypass the Galactic Empire's ban on the production of battle droids by reclassifying their products as security droids.
Holowan Laboratories developed and manufactured the IG-series of droids active during the Clone Wars, including the IG-100 MagnaGuard—fielded by the Separatist Droid Army—the IG-86 sentinel droid, and the IG-RM bodyguard and enforcer droid
They also manufactured the electrostaff, a melee weapon often used by MagnaGuards. In addition, Holowan Laboratories manufactured the rogue assassin droid IG-88, who operated as a bounty hunter during the Galactic Civil War waged between the reigning Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
Holowan Laboratories was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide, a reference book written Adam Bray and released in 2014. It first appeared in the 1996 Star Wars Legends story "Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88," written by author Kevin J. Anderson.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head (as Halowan Laboratories)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Holowan Mechanicals)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious