Homing cluster missiles, also called seeker cluster missiles, were cluster missiles that possessed the capability of homing in on singular targets such as large capital ships or even several enemies at once. They can be further upgraded into the advanced homing cluster missiles.
During the Attack on Thyferra, while defending the bacta tanks from Moff Seerdon's forces, Rogue Squadron proceeded to destroy a nearby bunker and retrieved the seeker cluster missiles.
During the space portion of the Battle of Endor, General Lando Calrissian,while targeting two Imperial-class Star Destroyers in order to hold off the Death Star II's superlaser, spotted a container of homing cluster missiles underneath the leftmost Star Destroyer and procured them.
In the ground portion of the same battle, Chewbacca and two Ewoks shortly after hijacking the All Terrain Scout Transport Tempest Scout 2, managed to procure another container of homing cluster missiles.
Behind the scenes
Homing cluster missiles were a recurring tech upgrade in the Rogue Squadron series of games. They were generally found during at least the penultimate levels of each installment, if not the final levels.
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (First identified as Seeker cluster missiles)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (First identified as Homing cluster missiles)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide