- "Excuse me. Chancellor Palpatine has summoned both of you to his chambers."
- ―An Honor Guard, to Padmé Amidala and Lolo Purs
An Honor Guard was a type of guard within the Galactic Republic's Senate Guard who wore the standard Guard's blue armor with white markings. Honor Guards also wore distinctive black ceremonial cloaks and were equipped with DC-15 blaster rifles.
At some point between the years 21 and 20 BBY, a minimum of sixteen Honor Guards were present at the funeral of Senator Onaconda Farr on the planet Coruscant. After a eulogy by Farr's aide, Silood, at least eight Honor Guards conducted a present arms salute as the casket was being brought aboard a Republic frigate.
Following the ceremony, an Honor Guard approached Senator Padmé Amidala and Junior Representative Lolo Purs and informed them that Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine had summoned them to his chambers.
Behind the scenesEdit
Honor Guards first appeared without identification in "Senate Murders," a 2010 episode of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' second season. The episode was written by Drew Z. Greenberg and Brian Larsen. The guards were identified in the accompanying episode guide on StarWars.com.
The caped variation of the Senate Guards was only first animated for "Senate Murders" since by the time of the Senate Guard's first appearance in The Clone Wars's first season it had been too costly to simulate and animate the capes.
- (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as Honor Guard)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 (Image 10)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "Legacy of Terror" and "Massacre" to the years 21 and 20 BBY, respectively. Since places the episode "Senate Murders" between "Legacy of Terror" and "Massacre," the events of "Senate Murders" can also be dated to between 21 and 20 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide