A hookah pipe was a large water pipe device used for smoking various substances, such as Marcan herbs or other intoxicants. The pipes were designed to be quite ornate and used the same basic components; the bowl, water jar, and a length of hose with a mouthpiece on the end.
Owners[edit | edit source]
Hutts[edit | edit source]
The hookah pipe was very popular with the Hutts, particualry those who were the head of major and powerful criminal empires.
Jabba the Hutt, the infamous kingpin of the Outer Rim, almost always had a hookah with a removable lid by his side. On the top portion was a gas substance which he would inhale and exhale. It had a long tube on the very top that he would hold to smoke the substance. This was one of his many trademarks.
On the bottom portion of Jabba's pipe was a feeding bowl. In it were live creatures that Jabba would occasionally eat. He would have the pipe removed for special occasions, such as a dance number from one of the bands he employed, going on a trip to make deals, or when he would go to sleep. Otherwise, he would be smoking the concoction constantly.
Others[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Star Wars: Battlefront (Xbox Live content)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back
- "Fortune, Fate, and the Natural History of the Sarlacc"—Star Wars Tales 6
- Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (Luke Skywalker) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (1984) (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 6
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (Picture only)