History[edit | edit source]
During the Battle of Endor an Imperial armada attacked the Hosnian System in an attempted surprise attack against the Core Worlds. The armada was met by the MC75 Star Cruisers, the Temperance and the Accordance. Although the Accordance was lost during the battle, the Temperance took on the survivors and went on to win the battle.
A month after the Battle of Jakku, a female newscaster from the Hosnian system delivered a news broadcast reporting that an Imperial surrender was imminent but that the New Republic Defense Fleet would remain on war footing for the foreseeable future. This signal was intercepted by Imperial remnant forces as far away as the Queluhan Nebula.
Hosnian Prime and all other planetary objects orbiting the system's sun were destroyed by a phantom energy beam upon the firing of the First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon in 34 ABY. Due to the nature of phantom energy, the destruction of the system was visible across the galaxy through a rip in sub-hyperspace. It was witnessed by those present in Maz Kanata's castle on the planet Takodana, and those present on Vardos. The beam caused Hosnian Prime's core to ignite in a pocket nova, and temporarily became a binary system.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 4 ABY. establishes that the battle occurred at the same time as the
- Lost Stars
- years before the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of The Force Awakens take place in the year 34 ABY and so using simple math it can be concluded that the events of Bloodline take place in 28 ABY. The tweet in question states that the events of Bloodline take place six
- Star Wars Battlefront II