Hoth Stuff was a fathier used as a mount at the racetrack in the city of Canto Bight on the planet Cantonica. In the year 34 ABY, the jockey Arca Yroca rode Hoth Stuff during a fathier race on the racetrack and whipped the mount's hind quarters with an electrocrop. All of the fathiers kept at the racetrack were later freed by the Resistance agents Finn and Rose Tico, who rode with the herd through Canto Bight and out into the wilds beyond the city. Hoth Stuff had brown fur.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hoth Stuff first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The fathier's name is visible in the film written in aurebesh on a pair of binoculars that Finn uses to view the fathier race. The name Hoth Stuff was one of several possible names offered by Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo to director Rian Johnson, with other options being Kessel Runner and Mynock Minute. Johnson chose Hoth Stuff, which is a reference to the 1983 Marvel Comics comic book Star Wars 78: Hoth Stuff!.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ Star Wars 78: Hoth Stuff!