- "Presenting Borbig Drob the Houk! Nine-time champion of the Stormblade Bloodfest!"
- ―An introduction for the Houk gladitor Borbig Drob
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Houk were a sentient, humanoid species distinguished by their muscular bulk, and large arms that ended in four-fingered hands. They had tiny eyes set deep in their thick, bone-ridged skull.
Houks in the galaxyEdit
Some found employment as gladiators. During the early years of the Galactic Empire's reign, Borbig Drob earned the title of champion at the Stormblade Bloodfest on nine occasions, before fighting at the Gladiator Night event on the planet Lothal. There he fought against the Feeorin gladiator Warjak before being defeated by the Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk. At some point during the Galactic Civil War, another Houk fought alongside a Red Nikto and a Trandoshan. Although they had a single opponent, the Wookiee known as Black Krrsantan, the Houk and his fighting partners were all killed in the pit.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Houk were first created for the Star Wars Legends novel Han Solo and the Lost Legacy, which was written by Brian Daley and released in 1980. Though Daley's novel is now part of the Star Wars Legends continuity rather than the current canon, the Houk species was canonized in the 2014 junior novel Ezra's Gamble by Ryder Windham.
- Ezra's Gamble (First appearance)
- Doctor Aphra Annual 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Alphabet Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Picture only)
- Shadow Fall
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger (First pictured)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor