The Hound's Tooth was a modified YV-666 light freighter manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. The elongated, rectangular hull was topped with the ship's command bridge, giving the pilot a commanding view through the segmented viewport. A deflector shield generator was situated below the bridge, and a forward ramp allowed access into the interior, as did a side ramp close to the aft maneuvering fins. A painted mascot adorned the side of the forward hull.
Within, the vessel's lower decks were taken up by the engines, power core, and weapon systems. It was equipped with a quad laser cannon turret, an ion cannon, and a concussion missile launcher. The Hound's Tooth could reach speeds of up to 1,190 kph, and had a Class 1.5 hyperdrive. Bossk used his ordinary-looking freighter to store his huge collection of weapons, interrogation tools, and gruesome trophies from his years as a bounty hunter. He transformed the YV-666's cargo bays into high-security prisoner cells, and installed an advanced security system that ensured anyone attempting to break in would be blasted.
During the Age of the Empire, Bossk flew the Hound's Tooth to the Outer Rim planet of Lothal to collect a bounty on the Dug criminal Gronson Takkaro. For much of that trip, the ship remained at the spaceport of Lothal's Capital City.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty" (First appearance)
- Ezra's Gamble
- Bounty Hunt
- Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1
- (First identified as Hound's Tooth)
- Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Outer Rim