The House of Thul, also known as House Thul, was an ancient noble house of Alderaan, founded over 3,600 years before the birth of the Galactic Empire. During the Galactic Civil War, family members Bornan and Aryn Thul founded Bornaryn Trading, which would exist as a major trading entity for decades to come.
When Alderaan was destroyed by the Galactic Empire, only a handful of House Thul family members were off-world.
House Thul was founded long before the Great Galactic War, but was exiled around 3700 BBY by the Alderaanian Parliament after an attempted grab for power. But the end of the war and the start of the Cold War allowed the House to once more rise to prominence.
During this period of galactic "peace", when Alderaan had withdrawn from the Republic, House Thul found itself in the advantageous position of being backed by the Sith Empire in a bloody civil war against the Republic-backed House Organa. House Thul became even further entangled in Sith affairs when Darth Baras' apprentice arrived on Alderaan to hunt down the family of the Jedi Padawan Jaesa Willsaam. The House benefited greatly in its quest for the Alderaanian throne due to the various interventions of the Sith Warrior. The descendant of Aloysius Kallig, who was the apprentice of Darth Zash also met with House Thul in Zash's search for an artifact that once belonged to Tulak Hord.
Galactic Civil War
Over three millennia later, during the Galactic Civil War, Bornan and Aryn Thul founded Bornaryn Trading together. The corporation involved shipping, Tibanna gas processing, and droid production; and would come to include subsidiaries Industrial Automaton and Xtib.
When Alderaan was destroyed by the Galactic Empire, Bornan and Aryn Thul were among the few Alderaanians who were off-world. Their company survived, and would continue to operate until and after the Swarm War.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Cartel Market
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- The Paradise Snare (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia