- "These howlers make good target practice, eh, Jaden?"
- ―Rosh Penin
Howlers were predators which lived on the moon Yavin 4. They got their name from their method of attack, which was a howl loud enough to stun their prey. Howlers were somewhat reptilian in appearance. They usually crawled on all four limbs, but sometimes when charging, leaping, and clawing, they used two legs for mobility.
Behind the scenesEdit
Howlers were mentioned in the article Supernatural Encounters: The Trial and Transformation of Arhul Hextrophon, however the article was never officially published. The related information that was to be published in the article is outlined below.
In the primordial galaxy, the Howlers first emerged as offspring of the mating of the Firstborn Duinuogwuin species and the bioengineered Basiliskans created by the being Cold Danda Sine. Monstrous and temperamental, the Howlers were considered abominations by their Duinuogwuin progenitors.
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Cut content)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Supernatural Encounters: The Trial and Transformation of Arhul Hextrophon(Canceled novella) (Mentioned only)