- Kenobi: "Something wrong, young Luke?"
- Skywalker: "I was just thinking of Huey... I got him killed because I wanted to prove that I wasn't a "small fry". It was stupid coming out here alone and Huey paid for it."
- Kenobi: "My young friend, you have learned a valuable lesson about responsibility. Always keep this memory. Events in our lives have consequences that ripple through the lives of others. All life is connected."
- ―Ben Kenobi and Luke Skywalker[src]
Huey was a male dewback that was pet to Luke Skywalker and Windy Starkiller when they were kids. He was very friendly and playful, and the boys were very happy with him. One morning, Huey was ramming against the exit gate. Windy and his father woke up due to the noise. Windy wondered why he wanted to leave, despite being well fed and taken care of. Windy's father knew it was mating season and suggested letting him go out into the Jundland Wastes to find a mate. Windy wasn't very intrigued with this idea as he thought Huey wouldn't be able to find his way home again. However, he found the strength to release Huey into the wild.
Many years later, Luke told this story to his nephew, Jacen Solo who had the same problem with his rock lizard. After hearing the story, Jacen released the rock lizard into the wild. It returned after a while with an egg sack.
Several weeks later, Huey returned. Two weeks after his return to the homestead, Windy and Luke acted out in stubbornness and decided to prove their independence to a group of neighborhood children. They traveled into the Wastes with their dewback. Unfortunately, Huey was eaten by a krayt dragon during that journey. It would have been the end for Windy and Skywalker too if Ben Kenobi hadn't come to their rescue.
- Luke Skywalker's Walkabout (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel (Indirect mention only)
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia