The hull was the body or main structure of a starship, starfighter, or vehicle. It could hold crew, passengers, cargo, weapons, engines, or other components necessary to the operation of the craft. Damage to a starship's hull could cause structural failure. Hulls were constructed of durable materials able to withstand harsh environments or combat. Duralloy was a composite metal armor used for starship hulls, while ferroceramic was used in hulls of ships that needed to pass through an atmosphere. The hull of the Nantex-class territorial defense starfighter was made of woven, reinforced laminasteel. Matrix armor was a strong material often used in the construction of starship hulls. It was more durable than durasteel and was better able to withstand blaster fire than titanium.
The Imperial II-class Star Destroyer had a heavily reinforced hull, one of the features that distinguished it from its predecessor. Havod was a rare alloy used in the construction of one hundred special Star Destroyers.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- Han Solo at Stars' End
- Domain of Evil
- Choices of One
- Star Wars 28: What Ever Happened to Jabba the Hut?
- "To Fight Another Day"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- Beyond the Rim
- The Empire Strikes Back: A Storybook
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88
- "Black Curs Blues"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Crisis—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Retreat from Coruscant"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- Legacy of the Force
- Cloak of Deception
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- Death Star Designer