Darth Vader and the Grand Inquisitor were sent by Emperor Palpatine to hunt down Jedi Master Jocasta Nu and bring her before him so that she could tell him the location of a great treasure that was key to the future of the Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenes
The hunt for Jocasta Nu was first mentioned in Darth Vader (2017) 7, a 2017 canon comic written by Charles Soule and illustrated by Giuseppe Camuncoli. It then first appeared in the following issue, Darth Vader (2017) 8.
- Darth Vader (2017) 7 (First mentioned)
- Darth Vader (2017) 8 (First appearance)
- Darth Vader (2017) 9
- Darth Vader (2017) 10
- Darth Vader (2017) 11 (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Darth Vader (2017) 12 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection
- "A Seat on the Council"—Star Wars Insider 199
Notes and references
- Darth Vader (2017) 4
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Landing at Point Rain" to 21 BBY, and Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance) dates the death of CT-411 "Ponds", as seen in the episode "Lethal Trackdown", to the same year. Since places "Brain Invaders" between "Landing at Point Rain" and "Lethal Trackdown," its events must take place in the same year. As the second occupation of Geonosis begins in "Brain Invaders," it must have started in 21 BBY, and Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel establishes that the Galactic Empire carried on the occupation after the end of the Clone Wars. Dawn of Rebellion specifies that the Empire continued to hold its presence on Geonosis until the sterilization of Geonosis and that, within months of the genocide, Project Stardust had been entirely relocated to Scarif. As Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the DS-1 Death Star Mobile Battle Station was moved to that planet nine years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which occurred in 0 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, the Death Star was moved over Scarif in 9 BBY. Based on what Dawn of Rebellion notes about how the sterilization occurred months before the project was situated over Scarif, the sterilization and Imperial withdrawal from Geonosis must have occurred around 9 BBY. Therefore, the second occupation of Geonosis lasted from 21 BBY to around 9 BBY. As Darth Vader (2017) 7 establishes that the hunt for Jocasta Nu occurred during the early days of the Imperial Era, it must be concurrent to the occupation.
- Darth Vader (2017) 11
- Darth Vader (2017) 7
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith in 19 BBY. As Darth Vader (2017) 7 takes places shortly after events of the film, it must therefore take place around 19 BBY.
- Darth Vader (2017) 10
- Darth Vader (2017) 8