In 14 BBY following the Berch Teller campaign, Governor Wilhuff Tarkin repayed a debt to the Sith Lord Darth Vader by having himself and nineteen other men hunt Vader on the planet Chandar's Folly. Vader, who had developed a respect for the governor, had asked Tarkin to hunt him as he had learned of Tarkin's past hunting on Eriadu during their time working together during the Berch Teller campaign. In the second day of the hunt, the group tracked Vader to a copse of thurian trees and surrounded him with flamethrowers before letting loose on the Sith. As they engulfed him with flames, Vader attacked the flamethrowers, resulting in the loss of four hunters. By the time of the ninth day of the hunt, the group had lost eight more hunters.
On the final day of the hunt, Vader killed all the hunters except Tarkin, who lured the Sith into storm ground. As a result, Vader was severely injured by a lightning strike, and Tarkin called in his ship to pick them both up.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 8 (Indirect mention only) (In flashback(s))
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition places the events of Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 after those of the novel Tarkin. As the Battle near the Gulf of Tatooine is the last battle of the novel, it must occur at some point prior to the hunt.
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19
- The events of Tarkin take place five years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, Tarkin must be set in 14 BBY. Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition places the events of Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 after Tarkin. The later issue Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19 features the Second Sister, who is killed in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Fallen Order takes place five years after the Great Jedi Purge, which is dated to 19 BBY by Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Fallen Order is also set in 14 BBY. As Dark Lord of the Sith 18 is set between both Tarkin and Dark Lord of the Sith 19, the events of the former issue must take place in 14 BBY, as well.
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18