- "They had it all. Orbital and ground-based cannons, hunter-killer droids, everything."
- ―Jessika Pava, on Ikkrukk's defenses
The hunter-killer droid was a type of security droid utilized by the government of the Mid Rim planet Ikkrukk. During the New Republic Era, hunter-killer droids were used in conjunction with orbital and ground-based cannons to form Ikkrukk's defenses. They, along with the rest of Ikkrukk's defensive systems, were disabled by Ikkrukkian sympathizers to the First Order around 34 ABY. This allowed the First Order to attack Ikkrukk during their conquest of the galaxy.
At the same time, General Leia Organa of the Resistance dispatched Black Squadron to Ikkrukk to secure an alliance with the Ikkrukkians. The starfighter group arrived in the midst of the First Order's attack, and the Black Squadron pilot Jessika Pava remarked that the planet's heavy defenses, including the hunter-killer droids, might have been the reason Organa wished to seek an alliance with Ikkrukk in the first place.
Behind the scenesEdit
The hunter-killer droid model was first mentioned in Poe Dameron 30, a comic written by Charles Soule and published by Marvel Comics on August 15, 2018. Various droids with the "hunter-killer" designation previously appeared in the Star Wars Legends continuity, beginning with the Hunter-Killer probot in the 1992 comic Dark Empire 5: Emperor Reborn.
- Poe Dameron 30 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Poe Dameron 30
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Starkiller Base to 34 ABY. As the events on Ikkrukk, as depicted in Poe Dameron 30, take place following that conflict, they must also occur around that year.
- ↑ Dark Forces: Rebel Agent audio drama
- ↑ Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- ↑ Star Wars 37: The Stark Hyperspace War, Part 2
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ Dark Empire 5: Emperor Reborn