Hurrikaine crystals were deep blue to violet lightsaber crystals from the planet Hurikane admired for their unparalleled beauty. When used in lightsabers, they created blades that were very good at penetrating defenses.
In 58 BBY, a young Mace Windu was sent to Hurikane on a mission as a Padawan. In exchange for helping the stone-encrusted native species, Windu was given a handful of the rare amethyst Hurrikane crystals, which he used to create his unique electrum lightsaber. The Windu's Guile crystal was later named in honor of the Jedi Master.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Hurrikaine" crystals appear in Knights of the Old Republic II, and possess many of the attributes associated with Mace Windu's lightsaber, including its amethyst color.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- "Stones"—Star Wars Tales 13 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed game (PS3 cheat code only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Hurikane")
- Star Wars: Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (As Hurikane Amethyst)